May 19, 2012

Mother's Day and Goals


It's almost been a week since Mother's Day! I've had a lot of time to enjoy all of my sweet gifts and acts of service around the home.

Mother's Day always makes me cry, like five times! My favorite part of the day was to receive little love notes from my kids.

Harmony wrote "You are the best teacher ever. You are sweet."
Noah said "You are the best mom ever to have. I will always love you no matter what."
Nephi said "I love you You are so sweet and kind."
Liberty wrote "I love you. You are helpful."
Those words melted my heart and just typing about it makes me tear up. It leads me to believe that maybe I am doing something right.

But that is not all... They each picked out a pair of earrings for me and a new purse with the help of their wonderful father, my husband! They also gave me a handful of coupons to use during the week, such as playing with my hair, massage, making dinner, making lunch, putting my laundry away (they know how much I dislike that chore!) and even pick up dog poop! I have been using them too! My husband showed his love and support by serving me breakfast in bed and surprised me with a heart shaped statue for the yard and two buckets filled with my one of my favorite flowers... PANSIES!

It was a perfectly great day! I love my kids and husband so much!

Mother's Day is a good time to reflect on your own motherhood. Growing up, all I ever wanted to be was a mother and I am so blessed to have four children to take care of. My Heavenly Father trusted me with their care and I need to take this job as a mom, seriously. I have decided to set some goals. While I know I can never be perfect I am striving to be the best that I can be... there is always room for improvement in everything! Right?

My Four Goals

I need to be more spontaneous and playful.

I need to follow through with my ideas, do them sooner than later.

I need to do more physical and occupational exercises with Liberty.

I also think that if I get back onto the weight loss goals, that too will help with being happier and have more energy, so that in turn will help me be a better mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment