July 17, 2012

Top Ten Random Homeschool Thoughts

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings


1. I am SO HAPPY WE GOT A NEW PENCIL SHARPENER! I don't know how many we have gone through in the past few years but it has become ridiculous. So, instead of continuing the failure by going to Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart and the military BX I decided today that we would make a trip to Office Depot. We did not get an electronic one. We got an "old school" sharpener that consists of a handle that you crank and is stabilized on a wall or table. I am SO excited and will be even more excited if it actually lasts longer than two weeks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2. I am so happy that most craft and office supply stores take homeschooling into consideration with their teacher discounts! Today I got a discount at Office Depot and Michaels!

3. I love the Michaels $1.00 stuff that is right by the cash register...

4. I wish canvas bags were cheaper for our "adventure bags" (not boxes). I'm happy to have found big sturdy paper bags at Michaels anyway.

5. I can't wait to do the stuff that I mentioned before...

6. I love the Dover coloring books found on Amazon! They are very educational coloring books for a great price on every subject/topic/theme!

7. Now that Nephi is 5, he is being asked to do more during our homeschool routine. He's doing great but I have a feeling that he'll be a little bit more hard to get to do work and sit still, more-so than my other kiddos. But that is okay. :)

8. I can't get over how WONDERFUL Noah's handwriting was yesterday! What happened over night? I have no idea, but I love it!

9. I absolutely love how Liberty is starting to carry books around like the her brother and sister. It means that she's becoming more comfortable and confident with reading. She has come such a long way. I am so super proud of her accomplishments even with her lower reading level due to her stroke. She is amazing!

10. I have adored going through the kids' journals. They just started a new one yesterday, so I looked back at the past entries and I love how they write with their imagination and thoughtfulness. It's so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment