September 20, 2012

Family Update: Gone Hiking and John's Angel Day


While Chris was taking an NCO class in San Antonio about a month ago, we tried to keep busy as much as we could for the 6 weeks he was gone. Thank goodness it was only 6 weeks and not 7 months in a dangerous area. Anyway, one thing we did was go hiking with some friends. We were very happy to come across WATER! It was a lot of fun.







On August 25th we celebrated the day that John became an angel by going out for breakfast, writing him a letter and sending it up to Heaven inside a balloon, visiting his memorial site, and making an angel food cake. Harmony and Nephi shared their letters with me, the other two didn't, which is fine. Harmony remembered the rainbow we saw last year on August 25th and mentioned it in her letter. Nephi drew a picture of his brother and "the door to heaven" which I have never mentioned to him before. So sweet precious spirits... John, Nephi, Harmony, Noah and Liberty. Oh, how I love my five children!


The next day, on a Sunday, we saw yet, another double rainbow in the same exact spot as the year before. I love my son and my Heavenly Father and Savior, so very much! I can't wait to see them one day...


No comments:

Post a Comment